We are opening for the 2020-2021 school year on August 31st!
In order to best ensure the health and safety of our students, families, and staff, we are putting in place several new measures:
- Decreased overall enrollment and daily attendance
- Children will wear masks when inside, except during meals and naptime (as required by Executive Order 2020-164)
- Staff will wear masks at all times
- New Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures (see below)
- Temperature checks for students and staff upon arrival and throughout the day
- New policy for exclusion due to illness (applies to staff and children): Anyone experiencing a fever OR cough will not be able to attend until symptom free (without the use of medication such as Tylenol etc) for 72 hours. Anyone experiencing multiple symptoms COVID-19 will not be able to attend for 10 days since the onset of symptoms
- No visitors inside, including parents and siblings
- Children may not bring toys from home (Exceptions can be made in special cases for naptime comfort items - these items will be stored out of children's reach during the day and given to the child during naptime only)
- Blankets and pillows for naptime will be sent home weekly for cleaning
- Eating area has been reorganized and an additional table has been added to allow for social distancing
- New air purifiers throughout the school
- Installed new dishwasher to sanitize dishes and toys
- Removed toys that cannot be frequently sanitized (cloth, cardboard, etc)
- We will not be having any in person gatherings or events until further notice: Parent Meeting, Field Trips, Holiday Party)
New Drop-Off and Pick Up Procedure
- Please do not enter if anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms or has come in contact with someone who has tested positively for COVID-19
- Child must be accompanied by ONLY 1 adult and no other children. If you need assistance please call 383-9956 and a staff member will meet you
- Masks are required
- Ring the doorbell and a staff member will check the child's temperature
- Child will say goodbye and staff member will assist child with hand-washing before joining the class
- During Pick-Up: Remain in your vehicle. Call 383-9956 and a staff member will escort your child to your vehicle
Frequently Asked Questions:
What if my child is uncomfortable wearing a mask?
Face coverings are a simple, inexpensive way we can all help limit the spread of COVID-19 and keep our children, families, and educators safe. Bread and Roses staff will do our part to make wearing masks at school feel non-threatening and fun. There are several types available and some may be preferable to others so be sure to try different kinds if your child is upset about wearing one. Some advice from Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, chief medical executive and MDHHS chief deputy for health : "Masks continue to be one of the best ways to contain the spread of COVID-19, and they can be safely worn by most of us over the age of two. Be a role model for your children and demonstrate the importance of wearing a mask. Have your child practice properly wearing a mask – over their nose, mouth and chin – while they are at home so they are comfortable with it in public. It will take all of us, of all ages, doing our part to continue slowing the spread of this disease and to protect our families and communities."
If my child is unable to attend in accordance with the new Exclusion Due to Illness policy, will I still be charged tuition?
Our tuition policies regarding absences have not changed. Full tuition will be charged for the first week, half tuition will be charged for continued absence after the first week.
What happens if a student or staff member test positively for COVID-19?
We will be implementing a new text alert system in addition to our usual methods of communication. If a student or staff member test positively for COVID-19, parents will be immediately notified and advised whether testing is recommended based on guidance from the health department. Bread and Roses will remain open unless we experience multiple cases (general guidance from MDHHS recommends closing if 20% of the population are infected). If Bread and Roses closes due to COVID-19 outbreak, we will remain closed for a minimum of 2 weeks and tuition will not be charged.
If you have any questions not covered here, please call us at 383-9956!